How to Avoid Common Summer Plumbing Problems?
As soon as you face any summer plumbing problems, you can call JP’s Plumbing and Heating so that we can send our expert local plumber at your doorstep to see what is happening. However, we understand that it is not possible to schedule a repair every time. And as a prudent household owner, you must know some techniques that will help you keep your plumbing in sync during the summers.
We know that summer is fun- we love to travel, relax at the beaches, recharge ourselves during the vacations so that we can re-start a fresh life again. However, the summer plumbing problems can arise anytime to mess with you. Here, we have come with some common plumbing problems and the ways to avoid them as well:
Your outdoor fun may become an indoor mess
Summer means a lot of outgoing activities, moving out for a trek, picnic and so on. So, when there is a lot of outgoing activity, there is a surety of a lot of dirt coming in the house. While you wash yourself after coming home, make sure that your drainage is secured properly. Ideally, your drainage is not designed to handle too much dirt, sand and gravel.
Some of your favorite summer foods might not agree with your garbage disposal
Your garbage disposal is installed to work all the year round but summers can pose some extra challenges. Here are some things to avoid:
- We understand that you love the fruits and veggies in summer but remember that the fibrous parts like husks, cobs, strings, celery, peels can jam up your garbage disposal.
- While you are enjoying your BBQ, please keep an alternative disposal for bones.
- Keep your sprinklers ready for summer
Summer is the time when your sprinklers will be too buys and occupied. Given the fact that they are not used much all the year round, you must ensure that the sprinklers are in good condition before summers encounter you.
A summer shedder is all you need
You never know but your lovely dog or cat might shed a lot during summers. You need to keep that in mind as you would not want the hair to get stuck in your drainage pipes and create a mess. The following are the things you can try:
- Brush your pet and collect all the shed hair at one place.
- Avoid taking your pet to your bath tub.
- You need to pre-rinse your dirt pet after the play.
- Add plumbing prep to your travel plans
Before you plan your travel, kindly ensure that your plumbing system is in good shape. Call JP’s Plumbing and Heating and we will schedule your plumbing repair as soon as possible.
During the rains, it will pour in your basement as well
Do not forget that when it rains, your basement is prone to flooding. Check out the ways to avoid this:
- Call us and install and sump pump that will collect and dispel water.
- Ensure that your gutters and drainage system is clear of debris.
We really hope that these techniques will surely help you keep your plumbing system intact during summers.